Monday, November 7, 2011

You can't be good all the time!

Okay, so I have a confession to make: I love sweets.


Cookies, cupcakes, chocolate...you name it...if it contains sugar, I'll probably sample some. I usually stick to baked goods with natural ingredients and treats made with things I can pronounce, however, I do indulge some items with 'mystery ingredients' from time to time.

The other morning, when I was going through my blog roll, I stumbled upon a new recipe from Averie of Love Veggies and Yoga. The post opened with a picture of a Butterfinger bar - boy, did that grab my attention. Next, she claimed the recipe contained only 3 ingredients and only required a microwave to help make it. Lastly, she said this tasted so much like a Butterfinger bar, I wasn't going to believe it....whaaa?!? I'm all over it.

I was a little skeptical at first, but when I had my first try, it was a little bit of heaven. This tastes JUST LIKE a Butterfinger bar. The texture was even similar!

Butterfinger Bars
You'll need:
1 Cup traditional candy corn (white, orange, yellow)
1/3 Cup smooth, natural peanut butter
3/4 Cup milk chocolate chips

To make:
1. Line a 5x5 dish with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Scoop peanut butter onto big wooden spoon. Set aside.
3. Measure candy corn into a microwave safe bowl.
4. Microwave candy corn for about 40 seconds (until you see it start puff up).
5. Take candy corn out of microwave and mix with peanut butter on spoon. Mix fast and thoroughly. 
6. Pat mixture flat into tin foil-lined dish. Place in freezer for a moment, uncovered, while you perform next task...
7. In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips (about 30-40 seconds). While the chocolate melts in microwave, grab the dish from freezer.
8. Mix chocolate chips until smooth and pour over the butterfinger base.
9. Put in freezer until chocolate is set.
10. Slice and eat!




 

These are not necessarily the most healthy treat, but everything in moderation, right? You have to spoil yourself here and there. 

Do you have a recipe that tastes like something store-bought? What kind of candy bar would you like to recreate?

0 comments:

Post a Comment