Eating raw is similar to eating vegan in that it carries a stigma from the general population that eating/cooking this way is difficult, time consuming, and does not taste very good because it lacks ingredients like butter and milk.
This could not be further from the truth...and these cookies are proof - they are easy to make, flavorful, and are ready in no time.
In addition to being fast and easy, eating raw also provides many health benefits. By not heating food over 118 degrees Fahrenheit, it retains all of its nutrients and natural enzymes. When raw food is consumed, those nutrients and natural enzymes are placed directly into the body and provide a source of energy, enhance clarity of mind, and allow the body to work with what it was intended to (it doesn't have to work through synthetic ingredients and separate the good from the bad).
Raw Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bites
2/3 cup raw almonds
2/3 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup steel cut oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3-5 tbs raisins
1. In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
2. Add the agave and vanilla and process to combine.
3. Add the raisins and pulse just to combine.
4. Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up.
6. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.