Except, this dinner is not dirty and sweet - it's spicy and sweet!
This is a go-to meal when we put in a long day at work, a solid hour or so at the gym, finally come home around 8 p.m. and just want to make an easy dinner and relax.
We recently just discovered the wonderful world of curry this past winter and haven't turned back. We curry up a good handful of our food, including our popcorn, but that's another recipe for another day. . .
Spicy Sweet Curry Bowl
1 box Near East Mediterranean curry couscous
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large sweet potato, cubed
1 can chickpeas
1 t curry (we use Simply Organic curry powder)
1 t garam masala (this could be optional)
1/2 t cumin power
1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup golden raisins (I used regular raisins for the photo, but golden are WAY better)
1. Follow box directions to make the 5-minute couscous. Place aside.
2. In a medium pot (or deep pan), heat olive oil.
3. Add onion and cook for 10 minutes, until beginning to soften.
4. Add sweet potato cubes and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add chickpeas and spices, stirring to allow the spices to blend and sink in.
6. Add broth, bring to a boil, then reduce and cover. Cook for 20-30 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed and sweet potatoes are soft.
7. Add raisins and cover for 5 more minutes.
8. Scoop couscous into bowl, ladle curry dish on top.
Do you like curry? When did you first try it?