Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

The best part of a morning workout is getting to come home and drink a smoothie. Most always, this is how I conclude an a.m. trip to the gym.

My smoothies are usually some variation of a green monster, but this fall, I've become slightly obsessed with decided to experiment with pumpkin.
I messed around with a few different ways to make this smoothie, but I think I nailed it this morning.

People seem  to go pumpkin-flavor crazy once October rolls around, and then after Thanksgiving, they're done with it. They move on. C'est fini.
 This makes me sad. Why can't pumpkin be enjoyed year round? Most coffee shops don't even carry the flavor once December hits. Pumpkin is packed with vitamins and keeps you feeling full. I say viva la pumpkin!



Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

Ingredients:
4 ice cubes
1 yellow (not over-ripe) banana
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 T cinammon
1 T pumpkin pie spice
(optional add-ins: brown sugar, chia seeds, vanilla extract)

To make:
1. Put all ingredients in blender
2. Use "crush ice" setting for about 45 seconds to...well...crush the ice
3. Use the "liquefy" setting for another 45 seconds until it looks thoroughly blended



The result is a healthy, thick, smooth, not overly sweet pumpkin spice smoothie!


Do you drink/eat/make pumpkin-flavored items after the pumpkin is out of season? What is your favorite pumpkin item?

0 comments:

Post a Comment