Sunday, January 8, 2012

New year, new internet!

Hello friends! 
I'm back...and it's about time, huh? We finally got an internet connection last week, so I'm back in business.
Besides not being able to blog and keep up on my blog roll, the worst part of having no internet was not being able to do online shopping during the holidays! Relying on spotty WiFi from coffee shops to get a good bulk of my shopping finished did not help my holiday spirit. But, the presents were bought, delivered, and Christmas was a success. *Whew*

One thing I did a lot of during my internet black out was catch up on my reading! I forgot how much I missed binge reading :)

I got through:

Into The Wild
By: Jon Krakauer


A young man from a well-to-do family who can't deny his contempt of materialistic society ventures across the country towards Alaska to live off the land and find peace in the most wildest of climates.







Mother Earth, Father Sky
By: Sue Harrison

Young Chagak is thrown cruelly into womanhood and is forced to survive, cope, and overcome her situations in the primitive arctic world.








The Adventures of
Huckelberry Finn
By: Mark Twain

The classic character of Huckleberry Finn narrates his shenanigans and provides a playful view of a boy's childhood adventures.








Kitchen Confidential
By: Anthony Bourdain

A deliciously gritty view of the restaurant business, the people who work in it, and the 'real way' the whole operation works.













Along with reading, there was also much cooking, baking, eating, drinking, visiting family, cheering on our struggling Buffalo Sabres and trying to burn calories at the gym as fast as they were being consumed.

So, as you can imagine, I have a lot of recipes and wines to share, and now, all the internet to do so! Keep your eyes peeled! 

Did you get to do any reading during the holidays? What book(s) are you currently reading?

0 comments:

Post a Comment